We are so proud of our fearless leader for being recognized as a “Leading Lady” from Crazy Cary Mom! Every month Crazy Cary Mom features a rockstar woman with some of the past winners being Gabi & Mary Angelini of Gabi’s Grounds and Allison Conway with Allison Conway Collection.
You can see the full article here but we have highlighted some of our favorite parts from the interview below.
Crazy Cary Mom: What inspires you?
Jennie: Two big things-
1) It sounds silly but I love, ‘love’. I love ‘love’ so much I became ordained just to be up front and center for a few of my friends when they got married. I am inspired to be a better person when I see selfless love and acts of kindness given to others. It helps me keep myself in check and routinely ask, “What have I done today to make someone know they are loved”? “What have I done today to be a jerk and how do I fix that”?
2) Watching small business owners achieve their goals and obtain success in whatever way they perceive that to look like. I have always been a hard worker but since opening Azura, I have realized small business owners take it to a much higher level and small business is a big deal!
Crazy Cary Mom: Not really a question, but tell me about yourself! Hobbies/interests?!
Jennie: Anything that takes me outdoors! I grew up in West Virginia and I spent most of my childhood running around a farm, riding motorcycles and picking blackberries. This has stuck with me as I love to pack the family up and spend the day hiking, fishing, kayaking or camping. I also enjoy learning about local history. Knowing who lived where, why an architect choose a particular shape for a building or how a school got its name makes me feel more connected to my community. Understanding the past ‘why’ helps explain the present.
Crazy Cary Mom: What local businesses do you love supporting?
Jennie: Food always has my heart. I love Sassool and Diced in Cary. We also frequent Johnny’s pizza in Cary because of their allergy-friendly options. I love small boutiques as well such as Little Details, Swagger, My Girlfriend’s Closet, Autumn & Avery, and Sophie and Mollie’s. If it is local, I like it.
Crazy Cary Mom: What advice do you have for ladies who are wanting to start their own business?
Jennie: 1) If you want to start your own business, do it. Just do it. Of course, there is a lot of prep work and you will be tried, but it will be worth it.
2) Go with something that you are passionate about and comes easily to you.
3) Always pay it forward when you can. There will be a lot of people willing to help you get going, make sure to give back.
4) Be the employer you want to work for and remember that no one will ever love your company like you do so don’t expect it. Remember to give grace when you feel like your employees are not giving you 100%. Everyone just wants to do their job and then get home to their family. Family is always first and then work.
5) Not everyone will be your customer, and that is ok!
Ok, friends – tune in and read the rest at…