Tumescent liposuction is a technique that safely removes fat from any desired part of the body without requiring general anesthesia, decreasing the associated risks of traditional liposuction methods, and providing a better outcome.
Tumescent liposuction gets its name from the tumescent fluid that is gently injected into the fat. This prepares the fat for easy removal by swelling and firming up the tissue while providing excellent local anesthesia that will last a few days. Not only does tumescent fluid have antibiotic properties, but it also has small amounts of epinephrine that greatly minimize any bleeding or bruising in the treated areas.
During the liposuction procedure, you will be conscious and can change positions to help facilitate the removal process and maximize your results. The tumescent fluid provides all the anesthesia you need for this procedure. In fact, you can actually stand up and view yourself in the mirror before finishing touches are performed!
If you are interested in improving your body shape and contour, then this might be the ideal procedure for you. Liposuction is one of the only ways we can selectively and permanently remove fat cells from certain areas of our bodies. With tumescent liposuction, it can be done safely and gently.
At Azura Skin Care Center in Cary, medical director Dr. Angelo Tellis, performs all tumescent liposuction procedures. Read on for details on the process and information on pre- and post-op care.
- At your consultation, Dr. Tellis will go over your medical history and perform a formal evaluation of all the areas of concern and recommend which procedure will provide the best result you are looking for
- Invoices and procedure schedules are also given at the consultation, including pricing, payment options, pre-op and post-op instructions, and consent forms
- A 10% deposit is required upon scheduling
- Pre-ops can be done in the office or virtually
- Pre-meds are prescribed by Dr. Tellis to help patients relax during their procedure, sent over to your pharmacy after the pre-op appointment
- Consent forms are due at this time
- Performed in our comfortable, luxurious medical spa at Azura Skin Care Center in Cary
- All patients will need a driver to and from the appointment due to the medications
- While you are conscious during the procedure, most of our patients sleep through it with the occasional wake up to reposition
- Most patients can receive liposuction on a Friday and return to work on Monday, depending on their occupation and procedure
- You will need to wear a post-procedure garment for a minimum of one month
- Soreness can be expected for a few weeks post-procedure
- All follow-ups are free of charge
- The first “post-op check” is typically done virtually three-to-six days post-procedure
- Follow-ups are typically once every four-to-six weeks over the next three-to-four months